Chief Edward Conley
197 Main St.
Gloucester , MA 01930
For Immediate Release
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Media Contact: Jessica Sacco
Email: [email protected]
Gloucester Police Arrest Two Men on Drug Charges
GLOUCESTER — Chief Edward Conley reports that the Gloucester Police Department arrested two men on drug related charges.
ARMANDO CALZADA, AGE 38, OF GLOUCESTER is charged with:
- Distributing a Class B Drug (Cocaine)
- Possession With Intent to Distribute a Class B Drug (Cocaine)
- Possession of a Class B Drug (Cocaine) (Two Counts, Subsequent Offenses)
- Possession With Intent to Distribute a Class A Drug (Heroin)
- Possession of a Class A Drug (Heroin)
- Possession of a Class E Drug (Prescription Drugs)
CALZADA also had three arrest warrants out of Salem District Court.
JOSE F. DAVID GILL, AGE 40, OF GLOUCESTER is charged with Possession of a Class B Drug (Cocaine).
On May 6 at 11:39 a.m., following a tip that a Gloucester resident was selling illegal narcotics, Gloucester detectives conducted surveillance on the suspect, identified as CALZADA.
Police observed CALZADA meet a man, identified as GILL, and complete a hand to hand transaction.
Both men were then placed under arrest. A search of CALZADA’S person revealed that he was in possession of what is believed to be cocaine, heroin and prescription drugs. Police also seized $380 from CALZADA and found a bag of cocaine on GILL’S person.
CALZADA and GILL were transported and booked at the Gloucester Police Department.
These are allegations. All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty.