Paul Januszewski, Fire Chief
North Haven, CT 06473
For Immediate Release
Thursday, April 13, 2017
Media Contact: John Guilfoil
North Haven Fire Department Battles House Fire
NORTH HAVEN – Lt David Obier reports that the North Haven Fire Department battled a house fire Thursday morning.
Firefighters responded to 1553 Hartford Turnpike at 11:37 a.m. for a reported fire. Upon arrival, crews had heavy smoke showing from one side of the building, and fire crews made entry into the building to attack the fire. Fast-acting firefighters were able to locate and confine the fire to a rear bedroom, where the fire is believed to have been started by a candle. These actions saved the house from destruction.
The fire was under control in about 20 minutes. No one was hurt, and the American Red Cross responded to the scene to assist the family, as the house will not be inhabitable until repairs can be made.
The Hamden Fire Department responded to the scene to provide mutual aid.