Superintendent David DiBarri
100 Hemlock Road
Wakefield, MA 01880
For Immediate Release
Thursday, March 15, 2018
Contact: John Guilfoil
Northeast Metro Tech to Hold Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
WAKEFIELD — Director of Athletics Donald Heres announces that Northeast Metro Tech will host its 2018 Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony later this month.
Friday, March 30 at 6 p.m.
Anthony’s of Malden, 105 Canal St.
Established in 2015, Northeast’s Hall of Fame recognizes and honors past athletes, coaches, individuals, and teams who made outstanding contributions that brought pride and distinction to the athletic program. Inductees are chosen on a bi-annual basis.
Nominations for this year’s induction opened in June. Candidates were eligible to be inducted into the Hall of Fame five years after graduation or five years after leaving the program.
Following a careful review of the applicants, 10 nominees will be inducted into the Hall of Fame:
- The late David Barriss, three-sport coach
- Coach Neil Valeriani — founded the lacrosse team as its first head coach and currently serves as assistant coach
- Alaina DiBiasi, three-sport athlete
- Ryan Allen, two-sport captain
- Peter Ward, hockey player and team captain
- David Turilli, three-sport athlete and two-team captain
- Deborah Stewart Davis, three sport-athlete
- James Paiva, four-year soccer athlete and team captain
- 1987-88 state champion hockey team
- 1988-89 state champion hockey team
“We’re excited to honor our inductees for their athletic accomplishments,” Heres said. “We encourage all who played with or knew these coaches and athletes to join us in celebrating their achievements.”
Tickets for the evening are $35 and will include dinner prior to the ceremony. The event is limited to 200 guests, so anyone interested is encouraged to purchase tickets early. To do so, contact Heres at firstname.lastname@example.org.