Public Relations Intern
John Guilfoil Public Relations adds interns to our team in the fall, spring, and summer sessions to assist us and work with our growing number of police, fire, government, schools and hospitality clients and to aid the staff in their roles.
We are a fun, vibrant, extremely fast-paced environment full of breaking news, interesting news campaigns, and the occasional free lunch!
The Public Relations Intern position is an excellent role for someone looking to enter the field of public relations, and for those with an interest in journalism, breaking news, government, politics, criminal justice and public safety. The Public Relations Intern will learn some vital skills needed to successfully maintain numerous public relations campaigns for a wide range of clientele.
The internship positions are unpaid and college credit must be obtained. Interns also must have a vehicle to access JGPR’S office in Georgetown, Mass., as it is not accessible by public transportation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works in conjunction with the Principal Owner and Public Relations Coordinators to write and edit press releases for our family of police and fire clients, government agencies, school departments, corporations, and hospitality businesses. Interacts with public safety and government officials to collect information to craft fluid releases that will be distributed to local, state and national news outlets
- Complete research projects to include new clients, client tracking, media clips, outreach efforts and more
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong writing skills with a working knowledge of Associated Press Style
- Able to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of WordPress platform a plus
- Graphic design, video editing, audio editing and Adobe CS experience is a major plus!
- Vehicle and driver’s license
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “Public Relations Intern” in the subject line OR fill out the following form: