Job title: Account Coordinator (Focus on Education and Public Health Accounts)
Job description: John Guilfoil Public Relations (JGPR) is looking for a talented account coordinator to support account executives in the timely delivery of content and completion of projects for our roster of clients, especially in the sectors of education and public health services.
The account coordinator will work with JGPR’s clients, including but not limited to, schools, city/town leaders, public health directors, and police and fire departments. This is a writing-intensive job, and an ideal candidate will be able to craft press releases, feature stories, blog entries, and social media posts on deadline without the need for extensive editing and re-writing. The candidate should also be able to write talking points, speeches and marketing language on demand.
There is a heavy focus on the ability to write high-quality news items for schools and public health agencies in this position, and an interest in these categories is helpful.
This job will be based in JGPR’s Georgetown, Mass. office.
- Write and copyedit press releases
- Create and distribute press releases, media relations content, case studies, executive bios, client newsletter content, social media content, talking points and speaking proposals
- Research and clip media coverage and industry trends
- Actively seek to bring new clients/business opportunities into the company
- Attend meetings and events
- Pitch and coordinate coverage of events
- Must be available for on-call work, including nights, weekends and holidays
Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, English or communications preferred. Others, including degrees in education, will be considered.
At least three years working at a newspaper, magazine, or related publication covering schools and municipal government.
Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Knowledge of Associated Press Style. Candidates will be required to take a writing test.
Knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Jessica Sacco at email@example.com