JGPR Academy Program Coordinator
Posted July 18, 2022
John Guilfoil Public Relations is seeking a Full-Time JGPR Academy Program Coordinator to assist the Academy Director with the day-to-day operations of the program, helping to create and develop new courses and course materials, and managing marketing and social media campaigns for JGPR Academy. The successful candidate will thrive at multitasking and being able to manage short-term tasks and long-term projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate will have great interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, staff members, and clients alike.
The ideal candidate will perform a mix of marketing, social media, public relations, advertising, and human resources tasks aimed at improving the Academy’s visibility, sales, guest lecturer roster, and course library.
John Guilfoil Public Relations is a full-service communications consultancy based in Massachusetts with a roster of more than 300 clients, comprised of police and fire departments, school districts, and municipalities across New England and beyond. JGPR Academy aims to be the go-to communications training resource for professionals in the sectors we proudly serve.
This full-time entry-to-intermediate-level position will be based in-person in our Canton, Mass. office and there will be about 5-10% travel required. There is significant opportunity for advancement and to earn commissions and bonuses.
The job offers health insurance, a retirement plan, and paid time off.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of JGPR Academy, including:
- Scheduling Live Courses and maintaining Live Course calendar
- Organizing and maintaining upkeep in classroom spaces for Live Courses
- Communicating and coordinating with Instructors
- Communicating with students to ensure optimal experience
- Working with JGPR web team, when necessary
- Working with JGPR partners and clients to develop off-site training locations and opportunities
- Managing creation of new Live Courses and On-Demand Courses
- Assisting Instructors through the process of creating new courses
- Assist in creating at least two new On-Demand Courses per month on interesting and timely topics
- Strong PowerPoint and design skills are important
- Managing Academy blog and social media content
- Updating website blog, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts
- Adding Instagram and other social media as needed
- Daily blog posts to boost SEO and gain positive attention on social media
- Managing marketing and advertising campaigns to attract new students and promote classes
- Using drip marketing and other tools and techniques to help fill classroom seats
- Experience in LinkedIn and Google ads a plus
- Identify opportunities and sign-up for paid speaking engagements at professional conferences, trade shows, meetings, etc. for instructors
- Help identify and recruit potential new Instructors
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills and knowledge of AP Style
- Ability to do independent research to help complete tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and use of discretion
- Proficiency in PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Understanding or ability to learn the use of the WordPress platform & navigating the backend dashboard
- Familiarity with Canva a plus
- Experience with LinkedIn and Google ad campaigns a plus
- Experience with Active Campaign or other email management software a plus
Part-Time WordPress Specialist
Posted April 6, 2022
John Guilfoil Public Relations (JGPR) is looking for a part time WordPress Specialist to support JGPR’s growing Website Division. The Part-Time WordPress Specialist will report to the company’s Website Project Manager to assist the company and its account teams in the timely delivery of new websites and daily website edit requests.
The Part-Time WordPress Specialist will work with JGPR’s clients, including but not limited to, school superintendents and staff, city/town leaders, public health directors, and police and fire department chiefs, to develop and modify websites in WordPress. The ideal candidate will be comfortable multi-tasking, be familiar with the WordPress platform, have the ability to troubleshoot basic WordPress and plugin issues, have familiarity with WordPress Plugins such as forms, tables, and image sliders, have basic knowledge and understanding of HTML, and have basic knowledge and understanding of Adobe Suite, specifically manipulating PDFs and creating and editing images in Photoshop.
The part time WordPress Specialist will work with JGPR’s Website Project Manager to set timelines for upcoming website projects and keep track of the various stages of a project, using Monday.com, as well as ensure that daily website edit requests are completed within 24 hours.
- Update WordPress websites as needed per client or account executive requests, including adding pages, menu items, uploading documents
- Build out WordPress websites based on existing themes
- Update Monday.com with website project status information
- Troubleshoot basic WordPress plug-in issues
- Modify basic HTML as needed using WordPress Customizer
- Use Adobe Photoshop to resize images, remove image backgrounds, etc.
- Website quality control. Review/proofread/check links on websites before they launch, and review existing websites as needed.
- Intermediate to Advanced WordPress User.
- Knowledge of WordPress Plugins such as Gravity Forms, Events Calendar Pro, Ninja Tables Pro and more.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Proofreading ability.
- Hours: 10-15 hours per week
JGPR has offices in both North Andover & Canton. This position is being offered to work from either location.
Send a cover letter, resume, and examples of WordPress sites you’ve worked on to: Kristen Potter at email@example.com
Referrals may be requested.