Junior WordPress Specialist
Posted October 5, 2020
John Guilfoil Public Relations (JGPR) is looking for a part time Junior WordPress Specialist to support JGPR’s growing Website Division. The Junior WordPress Specialist will report to the company’s WordPress Specialist to assist the company and its account teams in the timely delivery of new websites and daily website edit requests.
The Junior WordPress Specialist will work with JGPR’s clients, including but not limited to, school superintendents and staff, city/town leaders, public health directors, and police and fire department chiefs, to develop and modify websites in WordPress. The ideal candidate will be comfortable multi-tasking, be familiar with the WordPress platform, have the ability to troubleshoot basic WordPress and plugin issues, have familiarity with WordPress Plugins such as forms, tables, and image sliders, have basic knowledge and understanding of HTML, and have basic knowledge and understanding of Adobe Suite, specifically manipulating PDFs and creating and editing images in Photoshop.
The part time Junior WordPress Specialist will work with JGPR’s WordPress Specialist to set timelines for upcoming website projects and keep track of the various stages of a project, using Monday.com, as well as ensure that daily website edit requests are completed within 24 hours.
- Update WordPress websites as needed per client or account executive requests, including adding pages, menu items, uploading documents
- Build out WordPress websites based on existing themes
- Update Monday.com with website project status information
- Troubleshoot basic WordPress plug-in issues
- Modify basic HTML as needed using WordPress Customizer
- Use Adobe Photoshop to resize images, remove image backgrounds, etc.
- Website quality control. Review/proofread/check links on websites before they launch, and review existing websites as needed.
- Intermediate to Advanced WordPress User.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Proofreading ability.
- Hours: 15-20 hours per week
- Rate: $20/hour
8 Prospect St, Georgetown, MA. JGPR is currently working remotely (open discussion)
Send a cover letter, resume, and examples of WordPress sites you’ve worked on to: Kristen Potter at [email protected]
Referrals may be requested.