Part-Time WordPress Specialist
Posted October 12, 2021
John Guilfoil Public Relations (JGPR) is looking for a part time WordPress Specialist to support JGPR’s growing Website Division. The Part-Time WordPress Specialist will report to the company’s Website Project Manager to assist the company and its account teams in the timely delivery of new websites and daily website edit requests.
The Part-Time WordPress Specialist will work with JGPR’s clients, including but not limited to, school superintendents and staff, city/town leaders, public health directors, and police and fire department chiefs, to develop and modify websites in WordPress. The ideal candidate will be comfortable multi-tasking, be familiar with the WordPress platform, have the ability to troubleshoot basic WordPress and plugin issues, have familiarity with WordPress Plugins such as forms, tables, and image sliders, have basic knowledge and understanding of HTML, and have basic knowledge and understanding of Adobe Suite, specifically manipulating PDFs and creating and editing images in Photoshop.
The part time WordPress Specialist will work with JGPR’s Website Project Manager to set timelines for upcoming website projects and keep track of the various stages of a project, using Monday.com, as well as ensure that daily website edit requests are completed within 24 hours.
- Update WordPress websites as needed per client or account executive requests, including adding pages, menu items, uploading documents
- Build out WordPress websites based on existing themes
- Update Monday.com with website project status information
- Troubleshoot basic WordPress plug-in issues
- Modify basic HTML as needed using WordPress Customizer
- Use Adobe Photoshop to resize images, remove image backgrounds, etc.
- Website quality control. Review/proofread/check links on websites before they launch, and review existing websites as needed.
- Intermediate to Advanced WordPress User.
- Knowledge of WordPress Plugins such as Gravity Forms, Events Calendar Pro, Ninja Tables Pro and more.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Proofreading ability.
- Hours: 10-15 hours per week
JGPR has offices in both North Andover & Canton. This position is being offered to work from either location.
Send a cover letter, resume, and examples of WordPress sites you’ve worked on to: Kristen Potter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Referrals may be requested.