John Guilfoil Public Relations LLC seeks to bring on interns in the fall, spring, and summer sessions to assist us and work with our growing number of police, fire, government, schools and hospitality clients and to aid the staff in their roles.
We are flexible, offering interns the ability to work a single semester or a six-month co-op program.
We are a fun, vibrant, extremely fast-paced environment full of breaking news, interesting news campaigns, and the occasional free lunch!
We have offices in Braintree and Georgetown, Massachusetts. It is beneficial if interns have a vehicle, however walking/bicycle access to our South Shore office from the Braintree Red Line/MBTA station is possible.
Our Public Relations interns are called “Junior Account Coordinators” and you are not just stuck at a computer doing repetitive tasks all day!
Our JAC position is an excellent role for someone looking to enter the field of public relations, and for those with an interest in journalism, breaking news, government, politics, criminal justice and public safety. The Public Relations Intern will learn vital skills needed to successfully maintain numerous public relations campaigns for a wide range of clientele.
The internship positions are unpaid and college credit must be obtained. We do offer paid positions from time-to-time, depending on budget.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works in conjunction with JGPR staff to write and edit press releases for our family of police and fire clients, government agencies, school departments, municipal agencies, corporations, and hospitality businesses
- Interacts with public safety and government officials to collect information to craft fluid releases that will be distributed to local, state and national news outlets
- Complete research projects to include new clients, client tracking, media clips, outreach efforts and more
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong writing skills with a working knowledge of Associated Press Style
- Able to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of WordPress platform a plus
- Graphic design, video editing, audio editing and Adobe CS experience is a major plus!
- Vehicle and driver’s license
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected], and put “Public Relations Intern” in the subject line OR fill out the following form: