WRENTHAM — Superintendent Paul Zinni, King Philip DECA Marketing Coordinator James Dow and DECA Vice President of Marketing Brooke Noonan wish to provide an update on the start of the school year for the high school’s DECA chapter.
It is a new year with new beginnings for KP DECA, the high school’s internationally recognized student business and entrepreneurship organization. With the new year comes new senior officers for the 2022-2023 school year, which is as follows:
- Co-Presidents Phil Harmon and Kayla Simas
- Vice President of Marketing Brooke Noonan
- Vice President of Leadership Lainey Grant
- Vice President of Finance Liam Hickey
- Vice President of Hospitality Julia Lanza
- Vice President of Career Development Ava Lanza
- Vice President of Membership Caden Heslin
- Director of Fundraising Ben Simmons
Elections for junior, sophomore and freshman representatives will be held in the coming
months. These representatives will be joining the KP DECA officer team and will represent their own class.
Last year was a huge success for KP DECA. The chapter had the most students qualify for DECA’s International Career Development Conference throughout Massachusetts and had the most students earn international recognition on stage in Atlanta in Massachusetts DECA. KP DECA also had the honor of being the only chapter in the state to earn two first-place glass trophies, DECA’s highest competitive honor.
More exciting things are ahead for KP DECA as the chapter is welcoming new members this year. Upcoming events for the KP DECA chapter include:
- On Thursday, Oct. 6, KP DECA members will utilize the high school’s annual open house as an opportunity to showcase their 2023 mini-mall and sell cookies to visitors.
- On Saturday, Nov. 16, KP DECA will hold its annual breakfast and installation ceremony as the official start of the King Philip DECA season. Parents and students will come together to celebrate the induction of new members and senior officers.
“We have yet another great year ahead for our KP DECA chapter and I greatly look forward to all of our new senior officers stepping into their roles within our organization,” Coordinator Dow said.
About King Philip DECA:
King Philip DECA is a high school business organization. The group is part of a larger network of over 215,000 high school students around the world. DECA prepares young leaders and entrepreneurs, in high schools and colleges, globally for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management.