Hopkinton Family Day Returns Saturday for First Time Since 2019 — Event Features Live Entertainment, Family-Friendly Activities, Food Trucks, Fireworks
HOPKINTON — Town Manager Norman Khumalo and Friends of Hopkinton President Ann Click wish to share additional details on the entertainment and many activities scheduled for this weekend’s Hopkinton Family Day.
Saturday, Sept. 17 beginning at 2 p.m.
Athletic fields behind Hopkinton High School, 90 Hayden Rowe St.
Hopkinton Family Day, coordinated by the Friends of Hopkinton, is an exciting event for families that features live entertainment, fun activities for community members of all ages and delicious food trucks. A dazzling fireworks display will close out the event.
Community members will be able to enjoy captivating live entertainment and performers throughout the event, many of whom are based locally. The entertainment schedule is as follows:
- Emcee Ralph opens
- 2:20 – 2:50 p.m. — Harini Jeyaraman, Classical Indian Dance Performer
- 3 – 3:30 p.m. — New Sound Assembly Barbershop Chorus
- 3:40 – 4:25 p.m. — Magician Steven Craig
- Emcee Don takes over
- 4:35 – 5:15 p.m. — Colin and Lilly Herihy
- 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. — Barbara Kessler
- 6:40 – 8 p.m. — Hot Acoustics, Steve Spector
- 8 p.m. — Fireworks begin
From 2-6 p.m., town organizations, non-profits, clubs and businesses located in Hopkinton will offer a wide range of engaging activities. A sampling of activities that will be offered by local groups includes:
- Musical instruments sampling and family scarecrow making by the Hopkinton Cultural Arts
- Story Walk by the Hopkinton Public Library
- Virtual home sprinkler demonstration by the Hopkinton Fire Department
- Relay race by the Girl Scouts
- Cricket demonstration by the Hopkinton Cricket Club
- Cornhole by various town groups
- Magic tricks demonstrated by guest Magician Steven Craig following his on-stage performance
- Large blow-up brain to show the effects of substance use on the brain by Hopkinton Youth and Family Services
- Inflatable attractions
- Face painting
- Tattoo artist
- Henna artists
Food trucks will be available throughout the event from 2-8 p.m., until the fireworks show begins at approximately 8 p.m.
Hopkinton Family Day is free to attend, and all activities are free with the exception of the food trucks.
“The Friends of Hopkinton has put together a great schedule for this year’s Family Day event, and we are excited for the community to come together and enjoy all of the activities and entertainment that will be available for all ages,” Click said. “On behalf of the Friends of Hopkinton, I would also like to thank the many enthusiastic community organizations and performers, as well as all of our generous sponsors who are crucial to the success of this event.”
Hopkinton Family Day was last held in 2019. The fireworks display was unable to take place at the 2019 event due to risks posed by mosquitoes, and the full event was not held in 2020 or 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hopkinton Family Day is coordinated by the Friends of Hopkinton organization. Its goal is to provide community activities that encourage and support town spirit, enthusiasm and pride.