ASHBY — Chief Fred Alden announces that the Ashby Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for an open patrol officer position.
Ashby Patrol Officers are highly motivated and proactive individuals who are responsible for protecting and serving the community, while upholding the best policing practices.
The Ashby Police Department offers a competitive salary starting at $61,102 (academy trained) and comprehensive benefits including:
- Town Health Insurance, with 90 percent of premium paid for by the Town
- Annual Uniform and Cleaning Allowance
- Annual Stipends for specialized duties
- Established salary based on Collective Bargaining Agreement and years of service
- Shift differential for overnight shifts
- After 20 years of employment the opportunity to receive longevity pay
- A new Public Safety Building under construction with an anticipated operational timeline of fall 2022
Additionally, candidates must be able to meet certain training criteria, including successful completion of municipal police training, have or be able to obtain POST Certification, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and solid problem-solving abilities.
For more information about the Ashby Patrol Officer position click here.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Ashby Police Department
Attn: Chief Fred Alden
893 Main Street
Ashby, MA 01431