WHITMAN — The following is a statement from Chief Timothy Clancy and the Whitman Fire Department regarding the disruption to water services in the area of Beaver Street on Wednesday, June 15.
“Yesterday, a Whitman Fire Department engine was conducting training on Auburn Street with the temporary hydrant system when a gate malfunctioned resulting in a disruption to water services that affected residents in the area of Beaver Street near the Brockton line. During this time, the town’s water service was temporarily shut off to residents in this area.
“The Whitman Department of Public Works responded immediately to identify the source of the disruption and restore water services to the affected area within a couple of hours.
“We apologize for any inconvenience this caused last night. We want to assure our residents that we are working alongside the DPW and contractors performing work on Auburn Street to ensure that this disruption to domestic water supply doesn’t happen again in the future.”