BOURNE — Superintendent Kerri Anne Quinlan-Zhou, Principal Christine Borning and Director Rebecca Salgado are pleased to announce that the Bourne Middle School Drama department had a successful run of Roald Dahl’s ‘Matilda, Jr. The Musical’ recently.
‘Matilda, Jr.’ brings to life Roald Dahl’s “Matilda” in musical fashion. The musical was performed in the Bourne High School auditorium earlier this month.
The play featured Shea Reilly in the title role, plus a large ensemble cast of nearly 50 actors and actresses.
“We are so thrilled that our students put on three fun and successful shows for the Bourne community,” Director Salgado said. “Our students worked so hard on this show and it is rewarding to see all their hard work pay off.”
Meet the Cast
The cast of Bourne Middle School Drama’s production of “Matilda, Jr. The Musical” includes:
- Matilda: Shea Reilly
- Agatha Trunchbull: Tess Armstrong
- Miss Honey: Juliet Kelly
- Mr. Wormwood: Harrison Wenban
- Mrs. Wormwood: Avary Dohring
- Michael Wormwood: Dawn Berube
- Mrs. Phelps: Taylor Simard
- Bruce: Bridget Curran
- Lavender: Alana Nalbandian
- Amanda: Naraeya Gray
- Nigel: Teddy Stockman
- Alice: Finley O’Doherty
- Hortensia: Kyla Reekie
- Eric: Maggie Martin
- Tommy: Landon Dekkers
- Acrobat: Joy Carelli
- Escapologist: Alexis Hruska
- Rudolpho/Big Kid #1/Parent: Rees Jones
- Sergei/Big Kid #2/Parent: Keilah Rauch
- Big Kid #3/Parent: Atlas Anderson
- Older Student/Parent: Isabelle McNeill, Rebekah Gary, Abbie Smith, Neela Ponce
- Older Student/Henchman/Parent: Riley Williamson
- Older Student/Chef/Parent: Caroline Smith
- Older Student/Henchman/Parent: Maggie Shea
- Older Student/Parent: Lorie LaFlamme, Emily Souto, Emmalee Daniels, Mia Lowden
- Younger Student: Kylie del Cid, L.A. Allen, Antonina Lumsden, Claire Doble, Camryn Segura, Ava Butler, Calleigh Morrill, Kailey Gilman, Abbie Drew, Faith Brennan, Sophia Cannavo, Emma Campos, Lila Hogan, Celeste Stucke, Camryn Pierce, Anna Moorhouse
Salgado served as director, music director and choreographer for the show, which is the fourth she has directed with BMS Drama. Keri Boisclair served as assistant director, Jay Gary as assistant music director and Michelle LaFlamme as secretary.
“Bourne has such a rich and accomplished tradition of performing arts, and to see these students grow into their roles shows that our drama program is better than ever,” Principal Borning said. “I can’t wait to see what these fine young actors and actresses do next as they progress through our district and congratulate them on a terrific run of shows last weekend.”
To learn more about the show, click here.