SOUTH EASTON — Superintendent Luis Lopes and Principal Leslie Weckesser are pleased to recognize the students who participated in Southeastern’s Signing Day last week.
Signing Day celebrates graduating seniors who are signing onto full-time employment with area businesses. A total of 44 students indicated their intention to begin full-time work following graduation at the Signing Day event, which took place on May 19. Along with the students, representatives from the 35 different employers were present at the event.
Superintendent Lopes, State Sen. Walter Timilty and Principal Weckesser all spoke during the event.
“There is a critical shortage of skilled workers, not just in Massachusetts but across the United States. One of our key priorities is to connect employers with quality, skilled workers,” Superintendent Lopes said. “We really want to thank the employers who have been willing to partner with us by providing cooperative education opportunities or by hiring our graduates.”
Southeastern works with over 200 local businesses as industry partners which offer cooperative education opportunities to students in the school’s 21 vocational programs. From the Southeastern Class of 2022, 200 students took part in cooperative education this year.
“Vocational schools have come a long way in the last two decades, but our core mission of preparing students to have the education and high quality skills to meet workforce needs has endured,” Principal Weckesser said. “Partnering with area employers provides our students with employment opportunities and opportunities to use the skills they have learned, and shows them that they could be part of the solution to a nationwide problem. Through our employers’ mentorship and belief in vocational education, we are providing the next generation of skilled workers and problem solvers.”
Senior Kiley Jansen, of Foxborough, from Precision Machine Engineering and senior Tyson Jones, of Brockton, from Early Education and Care each spoke about their co-op experiences as well.
Each of the 44 students then signed a book commemorating their commitment to their vocational career and presented a plaque as a thank you to their employer on behalf of Southeastern Regional.
The seniors, their hometown, vocational program and the company with which they will be employed, are as follows:
- Nicholas Feroli, East Bridgewater, Natural and Life Sciences, employed with C&C Reading Farm of West Bridgewater
- Tyler Delgreco, Foxborough, Advanced Manufacturing and Welding, employed with Payne Engineering in Canton
- Nicolas Casale, East Bridgewater, Automotive, employed with Route 44 Toyota in Raynham
- Jovanni Cruz, Brockton, Automotive, employed with Centerville Auto Body in Brockton
- Ryan Nguyen, Brockton, Automotive, employed with O’Reilly Auto Parts in Brockton
- Michael Holmes, West Bridgewater, Carpentry, employed with Kochman Reidt + Haigh in Stoughton
- Elijah Howard, Brockton, Carpentry, employed with Kochman Reidt + Haigh in Stoughton
- Sean Saville, Easton, Carpentry, employed with Twin Peaks Construction in Foxborough
- Yani Colon, Brockton, Cosmetology, employed with Paul Joseph Salon in Easton
- Ashanty DaCosta, East Bridgewater, Cosmetology, employed with Salon One Eighty in Bridgewater
- Jaliyah Afonso, Brockton, Dental, employed with Brockton Dental & Orthodontics in Brockton
- Kaylee Frierson, Stoughton, Early Education and Care, employed with KinderCare in Easton
- Tyson Jones, Brockton, Early Education and Care, employed with the Boys & Girls Club in Brockton
- Tyler Murray, Brockton, Electrical, employed with Professional Electrical Contractors in Canton
- Zakee Qureshi, Mansfield, Electrical, employed with Professional Electrical Contractors in Canton
- Devin Powers, Norton, Electrical, employed with Young Electrical Services in Taunton
- Ashton Milligan, West Bridgewater, Electrical, employed with Do It All Electrical in West Bridgewater
- Jason Vaughn, Brockton, Electrical, employed with RALCO Electric & Generator in Westport
- Matthew English, West Bridgewater, Plumbing, employed with Anania Plumbing & Heating in West Bridgewater
- Logan Koxias, East Bridgewater, HVAC, employed with Boston Air Corp. in Stoughton
- Gary Matta, Brockton, HVAC, employed with F.W. Webb in Bridgewater
- Cedric Pierre, Brockton, HVAC, employed with F.W. Webb in Bridgewater
- Samantha Thomson, Brockton, HVAC, employed with Viking Sheet Metal in Easton
- Jayden Tolbert, Stoughton, HVAC, employed with Supreme Energy in Weymouth
- Shane Willis, West Bridgewater, HVAC, employed with Pierce Refrigeration in West Bridgewater
- Kiley Jansen, Foxborough, Precision Machine Engineering, employed with Senior Metal Bellows in Sharon
- Justin Wilcox, Easton, Precision Machine Engineering, employed with Forte Hardwood Flooring, Inc. in Brockton
- Jamie Foley, Norton, Medical Assisting, employed with Angels Neurological Centers in Abington
- Brianna Furtado-Fernandes, Brockton, Medical Assisting, employed with Pediatric Associates of Brockton
- Briana Pires, Brockton, Medical Assisting, employed with Pediatric Associates of Brockton
- Maria Palaguachi Lema, Brockton, Medical Assisting, employed with Pediatric Associates of West Bridgewater
- Alexandra McCourt, Mansfield, Medical Assisting, employed with Pediatric Associates of West Bridgewater
- Emmanuelle Isme, Brockton, Medical Assisting, employed with Rheumatology Consultants PC in Brockton
- Jason Nguyen, Brockton, Medical Assisting, employed with Rheumatology Consultants PC in Brockton
- Ashley Barjon, Brockton, Medical Assisting, employed with South Shore Cardiology in Weymouth
- Ruth Duprevil, Brockton, Medical Assisting, employed with Signature Healthcare in Brockton
- Yolanda Exilien, Brockton, Medical Assisting, employed with Signature Healthcare in Brockton
- Ariella Taylor, Brockton, Medical Assisting, employed with Signature Healthcare in Brockton
- Caleigh Demartino, Norton, Nurse Assisting, employed with Willow Crossing in Mansfield
- Carla Pina De Carvalho, Brockton, Nurse Assisting, employed with Willow Crossing in Mansfield
- Ekaterini Nikolaidou, Brockton, Nurse Assisting, employed with Champion Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Brockton
- Liannie Teixeira, Brockton, Nurse Assisting, employed with The Residence at Five Corners in Easton
- Aurora Theberge, Brockton, Nurse Assisting, employed with Copley at Stoughton
- Raquel Dos Reis, Brockton, Nurse Assisting, employed with Heights Crossing in Brockton
Vocational Supervisor Mary Kobey closed the event, thanking teachers, parents and guests for attending and celebrating the students, and recognized the employers for their dedication, mentoring and support.
The Signing Day event was first held in 2019 but was put on hold for the past two years due to the pandemic.