BROOKLINE – Town Administrator Mel Kleckner and Acting Police Chief Richard Allen announce that several roads will be closed on Monday, April 18 to accommodate the Boston Marathon.
Beacon Street will be closed to inbound traffic.
Additionally, the following areas will be closed to traffic:
- Chestnut Hill Ave at Clinton Road and Dean Road
- Washington Street at Park Street
- Harvard Street at Longwood Ave, Webster Place and Sewall Ave
- Saint Paul Street at Longwood Ave and Sewall Ave
- Sewall Ave at Marshall Street
Roads will close starting at 9 a.m. on the day of the race and are expected to reopen around 5:30 p.m. The Beacon Street area will be a tow zone beginning on Sunday, April 17, at 4 p.m.
Residents are advised to plan ahead and seek alternative routes.
During the event, pedestrian crossing is only permitted on Beacon Street at Tappan, Webster and Hawes Street. Crossing is permitted only if it is not a danger or obstruction to runners. Crossing is not permitted between 1-3 p.m.
Additionally, no traffic hearings will be held on Saturday or Monday.