BOURNE — Bourne Public Schools invites families from the entire Bourne community and beyond to the Bourne High School Program of Studies night this week.
Families are encouraged to discover the Bourne Advantage for themselves by hearing from Bourne High teachers and staff about all that BHS has to offer, and the many advantages a Bourne education provides to students regardless of their areas of interest.
Program of Studies night will be held Tuesday, March 29 at 6 p.m. in the BHS auditorium.
“What we are looking forward to sharing with prospective students and families is that Bourne High offers several opportunities for all students, no matter if they are looking to pursue a college or university after graduation, enter the workforce, or join the military,” Principal Amy Cetner said.
Some of the many offerings at Bourne High include:
- New innovation pathways in environmental studies or business/finance.
- Award-winning performing and visual arts programs.
- More than 25 Pre-AP and Advanced Placement courses.
- Real-world courses that offer career exploration and personal finance.
- Robust and engaging internship opportunities.
- More than 45 diverse athletic teams and co-curricular activities.
- A civic minded and inclusive school community.
Families outside of the Bourne community are eligible to send their children to Bourne High School through the Massachusetts Interdistrict School Choice program. School Choice is an optional state program that allows Massachusetts school districts to accept students from other towns. Any families interested in learning more about School Choice options through Bourne High School can contact Principal Cetner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-759-0670, ext. 2. Priority applications for School Choice are due April 1.