EAST BRIDGEWATER — Chief Paul O’Brien reports that the East Bridgewater Police Department arrested a man on multiple drug charges yesterday.
On Wednesday, Dec. 15, LAMONT JOHNSON, 25, OF BROCKTON, was charged with:
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Class A Narcotics (Fentanyl)
- Trafficking Fentanyl
- Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm (Two Counts)
- Possession of a Large Capacity Magazine (Two Counts)
- Firearm Possession without Identification (Two Counts)
- Possession of a Firearm with Defaced Serial Number
- Possession of Ammunition without Identification
On Friday, Dec. 10, following a lengthy investigation, East Bridgewater Police applied for and were granted a search warrant for JOHNSON’s residence in Brockton on suspicion of the illegal sales of narcotics.
On Wednesday, Dec. 15, East Bridgewater Police and members of the Metro Boston Gang Task Force executed the search warrant at a home on Battles Farm Drive in Brockton.
Special agents with the Metro Boston Gang Task Force made contact with JOHNSON, and identified themselves as federal agents with a search warrant for the residence. JOHNSON was taken into custody without incident.
East Bridgewater Police and members of the Metro Boston Gang Task Force then entered the home and cleared the residence, confirming no other individuals to be in the residence.
During the search of the residence, investigators located the following items as evidence:
- Approximately 148 grams of suspected Fentanyl
- Two loaded handguns with high-capacity magazines and ammunition
- Packaging materials
- Cutting agents
- A blender with residue used to mix cutting agents with the Fentanyl
- Approximately $37,000
East Bridgewater Police transported JOHNSON to the East Bridgewater Police Station for booking.
JOHNSON was arraigned today in Brockton District Court and is being held with bail set at $25,000.
These are allegations. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.