WOBURN — Superintendent Dr. Matthew Crowley and K-12 Visual and Performing Arts Curriculum Coordinator Susan Thifault are pleased to announce that Woburn Public Schools will host holiday music performances and events throughout the month.
Student performances will feature a variety of songs, including renditions of “Run Rudolph Run,” “Deck The Halls,” “Jingle Bells,” “Winter Wonderland,” “Dreidel Spin,” “Let it Snow,” “The Little Drummer Boy,” and “Carol of the Bells,” to name a few.
“Our music and performing arts programs have grown tremendously over the years, and these holiday performances showcase the hard work of administrators, teachers and students,” Superintendent Crowley said. “This is a chance for families to see the progression of student performances and celebrate our commitment to the performing arts while getting into the holiday spirit.”
All events are free, but family members attending Winterfest are encouraged to donate $5 to support the high school music program.
“I am so proud of our staff and students for the dedication that they have put into these holiday performances,” Coordinator Thifault said. “They have been practicing and preparing for months, and I know that they are so excited to share their talents and celebrate the holiday season with their family and loved ones.”
Performances will take place on:
Monday, Dec. 13
- Woburn Memorial High School, Band, Chorus, and A Capella Winterfest, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 14
- Linscott Elementary, Grades K, 1, 2, 9 a.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 15
- Joyce Middle School, Band and Chorus, 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 15
- Linscott Elementary, Grades 3, 4, and 5, 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 16
- Hurld Wyman Elementary, Grades K, 3, and 5, 9 a.m.
Friday, Dec. 17
- Hurld Wyman Elementary, Grades 1, 2, and 4, 9 a.m.
Monday, Dec. 20
- Reeves Elementary, Grades K, 1, and 2, 9:15 a.m.
- Reeves Elementary, Grades 3, 4, and 5, 10:15 a.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 21
- Altavesta Elementary, families with last names beginning with A-K, 9 a.m.
- Altavesta Elementary, families with last names beginning with L-Z, 1 p.m.
- Malcolm White Elementary, 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 22
- Goodyear Elementary, Grades K and 1, 8:45 a.m.
- Goodyear Elementary, Grades 2 and 3, 9:30 a.m.
- Goodyear Elementary, Grades 4 and 5, 10:45 a.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 22, at 9 a.m.
- Shamrock Elementary, Grades K, 1, and 2, 9 a.m.
- Shamrock Elementary, Grades 3, 4, and 5, 1:45 p.m.