PETERBOROUGH — The Contoocook Valley School Board and Contoocook Valley Education Association (CVEA) are pleased to share that they have reached a three-year contract agreement for teachers, paraprofessionals and special service providers.
The agreement will take effect July 1, 2022 and last through the conclusion of the 2024-2025 school year. The agreement is subject to approval by voters from the nine ConVal communities.
“This agreement accomplishes the shared goals of all parties, and I thank everyone involved for their cooperation in reaching consensus,” Superintendent Kimberly Rizzo Saunders said. “The contract upholds competitive wages, which we believe will continue to help the district attract and retain talented educators and in turn support the success of our students.”
The agreement includes:
- Step salary increases based on each year of additional work experience, along with percentage salary increases for member-educators who have reached the top step of the salary schedule.
- Salary enhancements for special service providers who have a professional license and are also certified by the New Hampshire Department of Education.
- An increase in the rate paid to paraprofessionals who serve as substitute teachers.
- An increase in the number of contracted days for teachers and special service providers from 187 to 188 days.
- Teachers, paraprofessionals and special service providers will pay an additional .5% each year towards their health insurance contributions.
“The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way many of us work, but educators are among those who have had to adapt the quickest to meet the needs of their students,” CVEA Negotiations Team Chair Greg Leonard said. “We believe this agreement helps recognize the continued hard work of educators and the important contributions that they make every day, and I want to thank the ConVal team for joining educators in negotiating collaboratively and in good faith.”