HATHORNE – Superintendent Heidi Riccio and Essex Tech invite the community to participate in a recycling fundraiser to benefit the Essex Tech Distributive Education Clubs of America chapter.
The event will take place on Saturday, Oct. 16, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Community members may bring unwanted or broken electronics for recycling to Parking Lot BB (near the loading dock).
Acceptable items are:
- Toner cartridges, mobile phones, chargers/brick, batteries, $5 per item
- Light fixtures, printers/scanner/copiers, PCs/laptops, modems/routers, small electronics, microwaves, PCs, radios, $10 each
- Metal filing cabinets, metal desks, $15 each
- Speakers, $20 per pair
- Vacuums, CRT monitors, $20 each
- Flat screen monitors, car seats, air conditioners, small appliances, $25 each
- Televisions, $45 all sizes
The fundraiser will not accept wood, paper or cardboard.
Donors are asked to pay by cash or check only.
“The Essex Tech DECA Club has made great strides in helping protect the environment,” Superintendent Dr. Riccio said. “This fundraiser is a terrific way for the community to support the Club and do their part toward a cleaner world.”