SWANSEA — The Town of Swansea announces it has opened a shelter for residents in need of safe refuge from Henri.
The shelter, located at Joseph Case High School, 70 School St, opens at 9 a.m. Sunday.
Residents planning to utilize the shelter should bring the following items:
- Important documents- IDs, health cards, etc.
- Any special food needed if on special food diet
- One weeks’ worth of any medication including instruction and separate listing of same
- Cell phone charger
- Change of clothing (according to season) Also sweaters/sweatshirts
- Pillow(s) if desired
- Flashlight, portable radio, and hearing aids (all with fresh batteries)
- Personal items for hygiene care (toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, washcloth, towels, etc.)
- Books, cards, games, puzzles to help pass the time
- Diapers, wipes, baby food, formula if necessary – Pack & Play if available and desired
- Contact person info in case of emergency , including physicians
- Durable medical supplies (ex. Oxygen tanks, walkers, etc.)
- Pet food, supplies, tags, crates, if needed
- Personal valuables may be brought however shelter assumes no responsibility for them
- No alcoholic beverages, weapons, tobacco products of any type allowed in the shelter
- No E-cigarettes allowed
- If you have a caretaker, that person should accompany you
- If you have a visiting nurse, that person should be notified of your whereabouts
- Eyeglasses with spare
The shelter will be staffed by public safety personnel, and will remain open until further notice.