BROOKLINE – The Brookline Community Foundation (BCF) is now accepting nominations for the Racial Equity Grant Program Committee which will help support community organizations and efforts to advance racial equity and racial justice for the Brookline community.
The Committee will be comprised of six community members along with three representatives each from the Town of Brookline and BCF. The Town of Brookline and BCF aim to ensure that a majority of Committee members identify as people of color.
Community members can nominate themselves or someone else here. Nominations are due by Wednesday, Aug. 18.
Responsibilities of the Committee members include:
- Attending community events that will introduce the Racial Equity Grants Program to the community
- Working with the Committee to set priorities for each cycle to strategically deploy
available funds addressing racial equity community needs and gaps
- Helping to promote the Racial Equity Grant Program within the community in order to engage potential grant applicants and donors
- Participating in the grant application review process; this may include review of proposal submissions, calls or visits with applicants, and meetings with the Committee to discuss funding recommendations made to BCF Board of Trustees
- Providing input into grant programs and processes for future grant cycles
For more information about the role, please click here. Community members will receive a stipend of $750 for their time serving on the Committee.
The Racial Equity Fund is a new collaborative effort between the BCF and the Town of Brookline, which has provided a $500,000 investment to launch the fund.
This new Racial Equity Grant program will provide grants to local nonprofit organizations, other entities, and community efforts working to address racial equity gaps that affect the quality of life for people of color in the areas of economic advancement, education, health and wellness, housing, and more. The Brookline Community Foundation will manage the fund and facilitate the grantmaking program.
For questions, please contact BCF at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-566-4442.
About Brookline Community Foundation
The Brookline Community Foundation is a public charity dedicated to advancing opportunity and promoting equity through the transformative power of giving. By leveraging core strengths in building philanthropic partnerships, supporting nonprofits and community efforts through grantmaking, and driving the research that informs a shared community agenda, the organization is helping build a better Brookline for all who live, learn, work, and play in the community. Learn more at www.brooklinecommunity.org.