AVON — The Town of Avon and the Avon Civic Association are pleased to announce that the 2021 Avon Summer Concert Series kicked off this week.
All shows will be held on Wednesdays at the John J. DeMarco Park on North Main Street, beginning at 6:30 p.m. The group Alfie O’Shea performed July 7 to start the series, with roughly 50 people in attendance. The show was sponsored by Waitt Funeral Home.
Additional performances in the series include:
- July 14 – 4EverFab (sponsored by Wal-Mart and Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare)
- July 21 – Dan and Mary Clark (sponsored by Abington Bank and Mass Cultural Council)
- July 28 – Dale and the Duds (sponsored by T.L. Edwards)
- Aug. 4 – Diva’s With a Twist (sponsored by N.E. Center for Nutritional Education and Steve Rose)
- Aug. 11 – Cross Fire (sponsored by Modern Auto Body)
Residents who plan on attending the summer concert series are asked to bring blankets or lawn chairs to sit on.
“With life slowly returning to normal and summer in full swing, we look forward to another successful concert series for the community to enjoy,” Town Administrator Gregory Enos said. “We thank the Avon Civic Association and our generous community sponsors for putting this series together again this year.”
In the event of rain or other inclement weather, the concerts will move across the street to St. Michael’s Church, 89 North Main St.
About the Avon Civic Association
The ACA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit volunteer organization. It was established in 1991 by town residents for the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in the community through educational, artistic, civic and social activities. To learn more, visit avoncivic.org or visit the Association’s Facebook page here.