COHASSET — Police Chief William Quigley and Safe Harbor Cohasset Coalition Program Director Nicole Balaschi are pleased to share that the CPD and Safe Harbor Cohasset have produced a video highlighting ways residents and visitors can stay safe this summer.
“We know this is going to be a great summer and we’re excited to work with the Police Department to keep everyone safe,” Director Balaschi said.
In addition to Chief Quigley and Director Balaschi, the video features Cohasset Police officers Mark Jenkins and Brendan Skerry, as well as School Resource Officer Gregory Taylor. Each offers important safety tips for people to keep in mind, including:
- Before heading out, make sure to check the weather forecast and let someone know where you’re going and when you’ll be back.
- Keep your life jacket on; You don’t want to scramble to find one if something bad happens.
- Don’t drink and boat. Boating under the influence is not just a serious offense, it’s also extremely dangerous. Pick someone to be the designated operator for your trip.
- Jumping off the Border Street Bridge (Mill Bridge) — or any other bridge — is illegal and dangerous. You don’t know what’s under the water, how deep it is or how fast it’s moving.
- Don’t forget, you need a parking permit for Sandy Beach, Wadleigh Park, Government Island and Parker Avenue. Do not block sidewalks, hydrants or driveways.
- If you’re riding your bike, always wear your helmet. There are bike racks around town to park your bike. Do not leave bikes in the street or blocking sidewalks.
“Keeping everyone who comes to Cohasset safe is our top priority, and we’re looking forward to a busy and fun summer,” Chief Quigley said.
To learn more about Safe Harbor Cohasset, click here.