PETERBOROUGH — Principal Heather McKillop is pleased to announce that several ConVal Regional High School students have been recognized in the Scholastic Art Awards.
The Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, presented by The Alliance for Young Artists & Writers, annually recognize art and writing works submitted by students in grades seven through 12.
This year, approximately 230,000 works were submitted for the awards by students across the nation. Students had the opportunity to enter any of the 28 categories, including photography, printmaking, painting, fashion design, memoir and more.
“We would like to congratulate all students who were recognized in the Scholastic Art Awards, which recognizes excellence in the arts and is a reflection of both the hard work of students and the dedication of their teachers to their success,” said Superintendent Kimberly Rizzo Saunders. “Our students have put so much time, effort and heart into these submissions and we are proud of everyone who entered.”
Awards are broken into three categories: Gold Key, Silver Key and Honorable Mention. Awards are judged based on the criteria of originality, technical skill and personal voice or vision. The honorees are:
Gold Key Winners
- Senior Aaliyah Colby “A Dark Gaze”
- Junior Gwen Inglis “Mirrored”
- Junior Fletcher Maggs “Women In Power”
- Junior Adrienne Moses “Fall Fever”
- Junior Natalie Tremblay “Rustling Waters of Dunbar Brook”
Silver Key Winners
- Senior Zachary Blohm “Looking Forward”
- Junior Logan Burnham “Water Dice”
- Sophomore Brady Carpentiere “Ghost”
- Junior Addison Evans “ In Flow”
- Senior Tristan Hutchinson “Winter Wonderland”
- Junior Fletcher Maggs “God Is An Artist”, “A Surfer’s Dream”, “Lake of Glass”, “Twilight”, “Moody Falls”, “Morning Mist”
- Sophomore Makennah McPherson-Carland “Blue Roses”
- Junior Loraine Rupp “Winter Wonderland”
- Senior Isis Battaglia “Safe”
- Sophomore Tyler Christophers “Colored Fantasy”
- Sophomore Hayden Derosier “Good Morning Sunshine”
- Senior Emily Donovan “Senior Year”
- Junior Gwen Inglis “Stepping Stones” and “Delicate”
- Junior Fletcher Maggs “The Path of Gold”
- Sophomore Ethan Marony “Old School New School”
- Senior Blair Robbins “Listening to Queen with a Broken Earbud”
- Senior Jacob Siegel “Ride at Dusk”
- Sophomore Richard Woodin “That’s Not My Cake”
For more information on the awards, please click here.