BURLINGTON – Library Director Michael Wick is pleased to announce installation of a StoryWalk® later this month in partnership with Burlington Mall and Friends of the Burlington Public Library.
A StoryWalk® is an interactive way for readers of all ages to enjoy a story and walk at the same time. Laminated pages from a children’s picture book are displayed on special posts along a popular sidewalk. Each page in the book directs families to the next page in the adventure.
StoryWalk® opens officially on Friday, April 30, at 4 p.m.
A new book will be featured each month, along the theme “Escape to a world of adventure.” August’s selection also will reflect the scheduled 50th annual Safety Town at the Mall, sponsored by the Burlington Police Department.
Monthly selections are:
- May: “The Boy from the Dragon Palace,” by Margaret Read MacDonald, Sachiko Yoshikawa
- June: “Never Let a Unicorn Wear a Tutu!” by Diane Alber
- July: “Dragons Love Tacos,” by Adam Rubin and Daniel Salmieri
- August: “Police Officers on Patrol,” by Kersten Hamilton and R.W. Alley
- September: “Edda: A Little Valkyrie’s First Day of School,” by Adam Auerbach
All visitors are requested to follow state mandates on masks and social distancing in effect at the time of their visit.
“Thank you to Burlington Mall and the Friends of the Burlington Public Library for helping bring StoryWalk® to our patrons,” Director Wick said. “We hope the community will enjoy this fun and interactive event.”
“We are thrilled about our community partnership with Burlington Public Library that builds literacy skills through StoryWalk®,” said Sheila Hennessy, Director of Mall Marketing, Burlington Mall.