GLOUCESTER — Mayor Sefatia Romeo Theken and Public Health Director Karin Carroll are pleased to share that half of the city’s residents have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
According to the state’s most recent Municipality Vaccination Report, issued on Thursday, 52% of the total population of Gloucester has received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Of the city’s residents 75-years-old and older, 85% have received at least one dose.
“These numbers are a testament to our residents, who are being proactive about getting their vaccination once they become eligible, staying informed about the vaccines and the pandemic, and want to take this step to stay healthy and protect others,” Director Carroll said. “We’ve worked hard to share resources and information to help people learn more and access a vaccine once they are eligible, and hopefully this trend will continue.”
Residents are reminded the general public became eligible for the vaccine on Monday.
“It’s a relief to see our city reach this milestone and to know our residents are becoming more protected against this disease every day,” Mayor Romeo Theken said. “Getting the vaccine helps to protect you and those around you from COVID-19. With the general public eligible for vaccination as of Monday, we’re hopeful this may be a real turning point for our community in this pandemic.”
The following are statewide, regional and local resources to support eligible residents seeking a vaccine:
- Click here to preregister for an appointment at a mass vaccination site. The closest site is at the DoubleTree Hotel in Danvers.
- Click here to view other vaccination opportunities.
- Call 211 to access the above services if you do not have access to the internet.
- Residents who are homebound may call 833-983-0485 to see if they qualify and to schedule an appointment through the state’s homebound vaccination program.
- Call 978-515-5255 to speak with a Medical Reserve Corps volunteer to find access to transportation to or from an appointment and assist those without internet access with appointments. The line is dedicated to supporting Gloucester residents.