MANCHESTER-BY-THE-SEA – Chief Todd Fitzgerald reports that Manchester-by-the-Sea Police arrested an Arizona man on drug and weapons charges following a motor-vehicle stop.
JESSE REID FOLEY, AGE 31, OF RED ROCK, ARIZONA, has been charged with:
- Carrying a Loaded Firearm Without a License
- Possession of a Large-Capacity Feeding Device
- Unlawful Possession of Ammunition
- Violation of Abuse Prevention Order
- Possession of a Class B Substance (Cocaine)
- Possession of a Class E Substance
- Operating a Motor Vehicle with Registration Suspended
- Uninsured Motor Vehicle
- Open Container of Alcohol in Motor Vehicle
At about 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 7, Manchester-by-the-Sea Police pulled over a gray Toyota Tundra on Beach Street near Summer Street after determining the car’s registration was not valid.
During a subsequent on-scene investigation, police searched the Toyota and located a loaded Glock 9mm, and several fully loaded magazines totaling 47 rounds of ammunition. FOLEY does not possess a Firearms ID Card or a License to Carry in Massachusetts.
During the search police also located drugs and drug paraphernalia, and two open containers of alcohol.
FOLEY was arraigned in Salem District Court on Thursday.
“Illegal firearms are a danger to our community and to law enforcement,” Chief Fitzgerald said. “This is an example of how diligent police work can lead to a dangerous weapon being taken off the streets. I commend the two who conducted the arrest — Patrolman Richard Chute and Detective Michael Richard — for a job well done.”
These are allegations. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.