MERRIMAC — The Town of Merrimac wishes to share new public health guidance regarding individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued guidance earlier this week for those who have been fully vaccinated. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated more than two weeks after they have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or more than two weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine.
These recommendations apply to non-healthcare settings only.
Based on the guidance from the CDC, fully vaccinated people can:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic
For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:
- Take precautions in public like wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing
- Wear masks, practice physical distancing, and adhere to other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
- Wear masks, maintain physical distance, and practice other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings
- Get tested if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers
- Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations
This guidance will be updated as the amount of vaccinated individuals increases. The Town will continue to share information as it becomes available.
As always, Merrimac residents can learn the latest about the COVID-19 situation in Merrimac by visiting the town’s COVID-19 portal.