EAST BRIDGEWATER — Chief Timothy Harhen reports that the East Bridgewater Fire Department is seeking a full time Firefighter/Paramedic.
The candidate should be a non-smoker, able to pass a thorough background check (including CORI check) and a physical exam. The position is also subject to a minimum of a one-year probationary period.
Prior to beginning employment the selected applicant will be required to provide a copy of their Massachusetts drivers license, copies of their ACLS, PALS, CPR and EMT-P certifications, a copy of their high school diploma or equivalent and a 10-year driving record. The selected applicant will also be required to complete a MA-HRD Physical Abilities Test (PAT).
The selected applicant will be subject to receiving further accreditation within one year of employment. The applicant must successfully complete:
- The Massachusetts Firefighting Academy Career Recruit Program and must be certified to the level of Firefighter I/II. Preference will be given to applicants who are already certified Firefighter I/II.
- Residency per the current Collective Bargaining Agreement, which is 15 miles from East Bridgewater.
- The certification process to be a Nationally Registered Paramedic or a Massachusetts Paramedic within six months of employment.
Benefits for the Firefighter/Paramedic Opportunity per the Collective Bargaining Agreement are as follows:
- Starting base salary for Firefighter/Paramedic is $57,016.87
- Six (6) weeks vacation leave after 20 years of service
- 13 paid holidays per year and personal leave
- Paid sick leave
- Longevity pay after five (5) years of service
- Tuition reimbursement and education incentive up to 15% added to base depending on college credits/degree(s)
- Uniform allowance
- Town pays 70% of Health Insurance premiums for HMO’s, 50% for Dental
Interested applicants can obtain an application from the East Bridgewater Fire Department.
All correspondences should be submitted to:
Chief Timothy M. Harhen
East Bridgewater Fire Department
268 Bedford Street
East Bridgewater, MA 02333