LYNNFIELD – The Lynnfield Center Water District wishes to inform the public about its aggressive schedule of public meetings and presentations, which are designed to inform customers and help the district chart its future.
The Board of Water Commissioners will take up many important issues in the coming months, including: Discussing water rates for the coming fiscal year, approving a plan for long-range capital improvements, including upgrades to the Glen Drive Water Treatment Plant and an interconnection aimed at supplementing supply within the existing LCWD system with MWRA water; setting a budget for the coming fiscal year and reviewing articles submitted for approval to the Annual District Meeting and Election of Officers.
Here is the schedule of important dates and meetings:
Wednesday, Feb. 24:
- Commissioners will review costs associated with a potential agreement with the Town of Wakefield regarding obtaining MWRA water via their system.
- Commissioners also will hold a presentation on the fiscal year 2022 volumetric rates. A vote to set said rates that will go into effect on March 1 for the upcoming year is expected to take place that evening. Members should remember that the LCWD is concluding its first year under a revised rate structure that has shifted revenue from being generated through real estate tax bills to volumetric quarterly bills.
Wednesday, March 1:
- Commissioners will vote on holding the Annual District Meeting and Election on May 10.
- They will also vote on calling a Special District Meeting, if needed.
- Warrants for the Annual District Meeting will open that evening and are anticipated to close no earlier than April 5. Nomination papers for District offices – Commissioner, Treasurer and Clerk – will be available.
Wednesday, March 15:
- Commissioners will hear a final presentation on the District’s Capital Program and are expected to vote on bringing a program forward to the Annual District meeting for consideration by the District.
Wednesday, March 29:
- Commissioners will hear a presentation of the proposed fiscal year 2022 budget. They also will discuss capital requests that will be presented at the Annual District Meeting for other needs with existing infrastructure.
Friday, April 1:
- Nominations for District elective offices close.
Wednesday, April 5:
- Commissioners will finalize the time and location of the Annual District Meeting, and Special District Meeting (if necessary).
Tuesday, April 20:
- Commissioners will finalize budget and capital requests for presentation at the Annual District Meeting.
Monday, May 10:
- Proposed date for the Annual District Meeting, Special District Meeting (if necessary) and District Election. This meeting has been moved to May to comply with the Governor’s Emergency Orders related to the COVID-19 Pandemic and will likely be held outdoors at the High School Athletic Facility for the safety of all participants.
Meeting agendas are posted at least 48 hours in advance at https://lcwd.us/
The LCWD Board of Commissioners and Superintendent John Scenna meet virtually using the Zoom platform during COVID-19. Public participation is encouraged. Zoom links and information are included in the posted agenda. You will be asked to state your name and address upon being allowed into the meeting.
If you have any questions or concerns on any of these topics, please feel free to contact the District office directly at 781-334-3901 or email them at [email protected]