COHASSET — Town Manager Christopher Senior is pleased to announce that candidate nomination papers for the Town of Cohasset’s Annual Election will be available starting next month.
The Annual Town Election will take place on Saturday, June 5. Candidate nomination papers can be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office starting Tuesday, Feb. 9. To obtain papers, contact Town Clerk Carol St. Pierre at [email protected] to schedule an appointment for pick up.
The last day to obtain nomination papers is Wednesday, April 14. Nomination papers must be submitted to the Board of Registrars for certification by Friday, April 16.
Additionally, candidates must be a registered voter of Cohasset in order to hold an elected office.
The following 13 positions on this year’s ballot include:
- Board of Selectmen (three-year term)
- School Committee, two positions (three-year term)
- Board of Trustees, Paul Pratt Memorial Library, three positions (three-year term)
- Board of Assessors (three-year term)
- Board of Health (three-year term)
- Cohasset Housing Authority (five-year term)
- Planning Board (five-year term)
- Recreation Commission (five-year term)
- Sewer Commission (three-year term)
- Water Commission (three-year term)
For additional information, residents are encouraged to visit www.cohassetma.org.