LYNNFIELD — The Lynnfield Center Water District (LWCD) Board of Commissioners announce that they will continue discussing proposed upgrades to the Glen Drive Treatment Plant at their meeting this evening, and invite residents to attend the virtual session to learn more about the proposal.
The session, which will take place Monday, Jan. 25, at 7 p.m. via Zoom, will address a variety of topics related to proposed enhancements to the treatment plant.
Among the items District leaders will address are:
- What portion of the current and proposed LCWD water supply comes from Glen Drive
- What it’s capable of producing, how it produces water for the district and what it’s currently producing
- The scope of the proposed improvement project
- To what extent the upgrades will address water quality concerns in certain neighborhoods within the District
- How Stations 2 (Main Street) and 3 (Glen Drive) could be connected, as well as what the construction timeline would be and how the upgraded facility will be brought online upon its completion
Those who attend the meeting will also learn about the analysis the District will undertake prior to initiating any project, which will ensure the project’s viability and future positive impact on water in Lynnfield. Additionally, leaders will recap why this approach has been recommended by the District and its independent consultants.
For those who are unable to attend, please visit the LCWD Website later this week to view a recording of the meeting and the informational presentation.
For more information about capital improvements in the District, click here.
For more information, contact the LCWD at [email protected].