COHASSET – Town Manager Christopher Senior and the Town of Cohasset are urging residents to remain vigilant against the spread of COVID-19 as the community remains at a high risk for the disease.
According to public health data released on Thursday, Jan. 14, the Town’s designation remains at “Red,” indicating a “high risk” of spread in the community. The average daily incidence rate for the Town of Cohasset is 63.1 per 100,000 residents, up from 37.9 last week.
According to the report, that there have been 65 cases of COVID-19 in the community over the past 14 days. There have been a total of 231 cases in Cohasset since the start of the pandemic.
Residents are strongly encouraged to avoid high risk activities, especially indoor social gatherings, and all Massachusetts residents are under orders from the Governor to wear masks at all times while in public.
Residents are reminded to always take the following precautions to prevent further spread of COVID-19 in the community:
- Remember that an infected individual can spread COVID-19 before they have symptoms, which is why social distancing — maintaining a minimum of 6 feet from others — is critical.
- Those who must go out are urged to:
- Avoid gathering in groups
- Maintain 6 feet from people outside your household
- Do not shake hands or hug
- Wash your hands often
- Those who are at a high risk for COVID-19, including those over the age of 65 and with underlying health conditions, are advised to stay home and avoid non-essential tasks and errands
- Wear a mask in indoor and outdoor spaces at all times.
- Face coverings should:
- Cover the nose and mouth
- Fit snugly and comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with either ties or ear loops
- Permit breathing without difficulty
- Be able to be washed and machine dried without damage. Face masks should be washed regularly depending on the amount of use.
For more information about COVID-19 prevention and symptoms, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website here and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health website here.
To view the Town of Cohasset’s COVID-19 news and information website, click here.