TYNGSBOROUGH — Superintendent Jill Davis is pleased to announce a Virtual Open House next month for eighth grade students interested in attending Greater Lowell Tech for the 2021-2022 school year.
Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2021 through Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021. All virtual sessions will start at 6 p.m.
All links will be posted on the Greater Lowell Tech website at www.gltech.org.
Next month, Greater Lowell Tech will be holding an open house for prospective students and their families to learn more about the school and its programs. Due to the ongoing pandemic, this year’s open house will be held remotely in order to adhere to the state’s guidelines, and protect the wellbeing and health of all involved.
Links for all sessions will be posted on the Greater Lowell Tech website at www.gltech.org and those who wish to attend do not need to sign up in advance.
“Each year, we look forward to meeting with prospective students and their families to show them what Greater Lowell Tech has to offer,” Superintendent Davis said. “We hope you will take part if you are interested, and look forward to seeing you all online.”
All virtual presentations will begin at 6 p.m. and each day will have two sessions focused on a specific group of courses and programs offered by Greater Lowell Tech. The schedule for each day will be as follows:
- Tuesday, Jan. 5 from 6-7 p.m.: Transportation and Manufacturing, which includes advanced manufacturing technology, automotive collision and repair, automotive technology, computer aided drafting and design, electronics technology, engineering technology, and metal fabrication and joining.
- Tuesday, Jan. 5 from 7-8 p.m.: Technology and Allied Health, which includes design and visual communications, graphic communications, health assisting/pre-nursing, medical laboratory assisting, and programming and web development.
- Wednesday, Jan. 6 from 6-7 p.m.: Construction, which includes carpentry, electrical, HVAC-R, masonry, painting and design, and plumbing.
- Wednesday, Jan. 6 from 7-8 p.m.: Personal Services, which includes cosmetology, culinary arts, early childhood education, hospitality management and marketing.
- Thursday, Jan. 7 from 6-7 p.m.: Academics and Support Services.
- Thursday, Jan. 7 from 7-8 p.m.: Sports and Student Activities.
Those who wish to apply can do so at www.gltech.org/admissions. Applications are due by Feb. 1, 2021.
Those with any questions or would like to learn more about the school may contact the Admissions Office at 978-441-4951 or by email at[email protected].