RAYMOND — Superintendent Tina McCoy wishes to provide an update on the public’s use of school buildings and facilities, and winter sports guidelines while the majority of students are participating in fully-remote learning.
On Thursday, Dec. 3, the Raymond School District announced that students in first through twelfth grade will be participating in fully remote learning until Tuesday, Jan. 19. Preschool, which is held at Raymond High School, will continue to be open as previously scheduled. The Kindergarten program at Lamprey River Elementary School will resume its regular hybrid schedule beginning on Monday, Dec. 7.
More information about the remote learning period can be found here.
All staff in the SAU building will be working remotely as well until Monday, Dec. 14 and will be available by phone or email. For a staff directory, click here.
During this remote learning period, all school buildings will be closed to all public meetings and also closed for use by outside organizations. Exceptions will be made only for Raymond Community Television (RCTV) and for official Town and District meetings to establish a location for a meeting in which one board or committee member will facilitate remote participation by the public. This will remain in place until at least mid-January, at which time administrators will determine if the restriction will be extended.
Director of the Raymond Recreation Department Michelle Weaver, who coordinates the reservations of the school facilities, will contact those who have prior reservations. Those with question may also contact her at email@example.com or at 603-895-7031.
Winter sports practices for school district teams will continue as normal. Skills and drills practices for high school sports only will begin on Monday, Dec. 7. All other winter sports teams will begin practice on Monday, Dec. 14. The first day to play will be Tuesday, Jan. 19.
The following safety measures will be put in place to help protect the health and safety of students and staff:
- Face masks must be worth at all times except in cases of sport specific requirementsand disinfectant/sanitizing supplies needed for all practices, games and equipment must be purchased prior to the start of the season.
- A participation waiver must be signed by both the student athlete and a parent/guardian before students will be allowed to participate.
- Pre-screening, which will consist of temperature taking and screening for symptoms, will need to be completed by all staff and players prior to the start of practice in order to participate. This will be done daily before all practices and games.
- During remote learning, students must arrive dressed and ready to participate for practice. Locker rooms will not be available for changing.
- Based on the guidance from the district’s bus company, sporting events can only be scheduled for the weekends or after 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday until further notice.
- No spectators will be allowed at home, indoor events at Iber Holmes Gove Middle School and Raymond High School. The district is working on setting up live streams of all home sporting events. Sports teams who travel to other venues to participate must follow their guidelines.
- Parents or guardians may drive their student to and from away sporting events with written permission. Transportation forms will be available at the bus departure site for parents or guardians to fill out. Students who are driven by their family will still be required to participate in the team screening prior to leaving for the away game or event.
Administrators and coaches will continue to monitor the situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and make any necessary changes or updates to these measures based on local, state and federal guidance.