Applications due by Noon on Thursday, Nov. 12
NORWOOD — General Manager Tony Mazzucco is encouraging small businesses in Norwood to apply for COVID-19 grants provided by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
In response to the economic impacts of the COVID-19 global pandemic, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has made available $50.8 million in grants to support small businesses and microenterprises affected financially by the pandemic.
“The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected us all, and among those hit the hardest are small businesses,” said General Manager Mazzucco “We encourage all eligible businesses in Norwood to apply for these grants to receive economic relief during these trying times.”
These grants were funded through the Commonwealth’s Supplemental Budget for Fiscal Year 2021 and the Federal CARES Act of 2020. Grants will be administered by the Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation (MGCC).
Eligible businesses can apply here. Applications are due by noon on Thursday, Nov. 12.
Interested businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Business must have a physical establishment in Massachusetts
- Business must be a for-profit entity (sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or LLC)
- Business must be able to document a loss of income equal to or greater than requested assistance due to COVID-19
- Business must be currently in operation or if not in operation must have an intent to reopen
- Business must have been established before June 30, 2019.
- Business must be in good standing with the state and city/town:
- Business must be current on all taxes due through March 1, 2020; and
- Have active and valid state licenses/registrations, if applicable; and
- Not a party to litigation involving the Commonwealth or municipality in which your business is located.
Ineligible businesses include real estate rentals or sales businesses, businesses owned by persons under the age of 18, businesses that are chains, liquor stores, weapons or firearms dealers, lobbyists and cannabis-related businesses.
For questions or more information, contact MGCC at [email protected].