MEDWAY — Superintendent Armand Pires, Assistant Superintendent Gabrielle Abrams and the principals at each Medway school building were pleased to welcome students back to school last week.
“After such an unusual end to our school year in the spring, we were thrilled to welcome students back last week and are excited to report that the first several days of school across the district have been successful,” Superintendent Pires said. “We are pleased that our students are able to be back learning once again, whether in person or online, with their classmates and teachers. We look forward to a great school year.”
Medway students began in full remote learning on Wednesday, Sept. 16 as part of a hybrid learning model. The district welcomed some students back to the school buildings through in-person cohorts on Thursday, Sept. 17, and the opposite cohorts on Monday, Sept. 21.
Several safety measures have been put in place to support reducing the risk of COVID-19 transmission in Medway schools. The measures include, but are not limited to: mask-wearing for students, faculty and staff; minimum physical space of 6 feet in classrooms; enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols; air purification systems for teaching spaces; hands-free water bottle filling stations in schools; the reduction of higher risk activities; and more.
“The beginning of this year would not have been as successful as it was without our dedicated teachers and staff who worked tirelessly throughout the summer to prepare for the year,” Assistant Superintendent Gabrielle Abrams said. “While the changes and adjustments that have taken place across our district may take some getting used to, we appreciate the continued cooperation of our Medway families and assure you that we remain committed to providing the best educational experience possible for our students.”