COHASSET — Town Manager Christopher Senior and Health Agent Pamela Fahey are pleased to report that the Town of Cohasset has released a video highlighting the health and safety procedures that will be in place when Cohasset Town Hall reopens to the public next week.
After being closed for several months due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Town Hall is set to reopen on Monday, Sept. 21 with strict safety measures in place. Visitors will be asked to abide by the following protocols before entering the building:
- Use the front door. Upon entering, ring the bell and you will be greeted via video monitor or in person at the teller window.
- Only one person at a time will be allowed to wait in the vestibule. You may be asked to go outside if additional people arrive for meetings.
- You will be asked who you are meeting with. While a staff member confirms if the person you are meeting with is available, you will be asked to complete a Contact Tracing Form.
- A mask must be worn covering your nose and mouth. If you cannot wear a mask for any reason, town staff will work with you remotely to address any needs you have at Town Hall. No visitor will be permitted into Town Hall without a mask.
- Prior to entering, you will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- Once inside, you will be instructed on how to go to your meeting and what to do after your meeting. Do not go to any other departments when you are done. If you need to meet with anyone else in Town Hall, and you do not have an appointment, a staff member will see if who you wish to see is available.
“We are excited that visitors will once again be permitted to enter Town Hall and interact with our staff members,” Town Manager Senior said. “However, we must continue to remain vigilant by adhering to these strict safety measures. We thank the residents of Cohasset and all those visiting for their continued cooperation in our fight against the virus.”
Visitors are encouraged to make an appointment with a department head before they arrive. Click here to book an appointment online. To book over the phone, call 781-383-4100 and follow the prompts.
Town Hall hours are Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Tuesdays from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.