*Applications are no longer being accepted for this position.*
MERRIMAC — Chief Larry Fisher is pleased to announce that the Merrimac Fire Department is seeking applicants for a part-time administrative assistant position.
The administrative assistant will work directly with the Chief Fisher and the department’s two deputy fire chiefs, and will be responsible for greeting and working with members of the public during normal business hours. This position is a part-time position for 19 hours per week.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing issuance and receipt of fire prevention permits, as well as processing various other applications and permits.
- Answering and managing non-emergency, business calls.
- Assisting the Fire Chief with payroll administration, and maintaining department payroll records, including salary, overtime, vacation and attendance.
- Helping with the research and preparation of expense warrants.
- Helping to compile data for the annual Merrimac Fire Department budget.
- Preparing and researching grant opportunities for the special projects for the Fire Chief.
- Helping manage department records by inputting data, and checking the data for accuracy and completeness.
To qualify, applicants should have at least a high school diploma or equivalent degree. Preference will be given to candidates who have earned an associate’s degree or above in business administration or finance, and/or who have at least two years of experience in a secretarial position and business environment, including experience in customer service, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required for the position.
The Town of Merrimac is an equal-opportunity employer.