Town is Now Accepting Applications
MAYNARD — In an effort to ensure home security and provide rental assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic, The Affordable Housing Trust is pleased to share with Maynard residents a new Emergency Rental Assistance Program.
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) provides temporary, monthly rental assistance in the form of a grant to eligible households who have had a loss of income due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
“We are extremely pleased to have established a program that allows us to help out residents who are dealing with housing insecurity in the midst of this unprecedented health crisis,” Affordable Housing Trust Chair Rick Lefferts said. “We hope that with assistance from the Emergency Rental Assistance Program we will able to help mitigate a portion of the financial burden placed upon our residents.”
The program will pay between $350 to $800 per month in rental assistance, depending on unit size, for four months. Payments will be made directly to the landlord. Grant renewals may be possible depending on need and available funding.
Who is Eligible?
- Residents of Maynard who are not currently receiving rental assistance or who are in a unit where rent is based on income.
- Households who have had their income reduced due to circumstances related to COVID-19.
- Households who spend over 30% of their income on rent.
- Households whose current monthly rent is below the following:
- One bedroom – $1,925
- Two bedroom – $2,311
- Three bedroom – $2,880
- Four bedroom – $3,131
- Households whose income is below the following limits:
Residents should be aware that households who own other real estate do not qualify to receive rental assistance under this program.
This program is administered by the Regional Housing Service Office on behalf of the Maynard Affordable Housing Trust. Applications can be found online here.
The application is also available in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese. Fliers in English, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese can be found here.
Applications may be mailed to or dropped off at the following:
- Maynard Town Hall, 195 Main St. The attention line should state “Office of Municipal Services: ERAP.” Residents may drop their applications off in the box at the front entrance of Town Hall.
- Regional Housing Service Office, 37 Knox Trail, Acton, MA 01720. The attention line should state “ERAP.” Residents may drop their applications off in the black mail box by the front steps.
Anyone with additional questions should contact the Regional Housing Service Office at 978-287-1093 or email [email protected].