WAKEFIELD– Superintendent David DiBarri and Principal Carla Scuzzarella are pleased to announce the underclassmen winners for this year’s Craftsmanship and Academic Excellence Awards.
The awards are given to the students who demonstrated consistent growth and mastery in their chosen program or academic subject throughout the school year. Awards were mailed out to recipients at the end of June.
“I’m incredibly proud of the work each of these students have done over the course of the year to earn this well-deserved recognition,” Principal Scuzzarella said. “They represent a great commitment to their learning and are excellent examples of what Northeast Metro Tech students are capable of accomplishing.”
The winners for each program or subject are:
- Automotive Collision and Repair: Bryan Alvarado Fajardo, a sophomore from Chelsea, and Robert Filadoro, a junior from Revere.
- Automotive Technology: Jonathan Rodriguez Zelaya, a sophomore from Chelsea, and Jason Landaverde Garcia, a junior from Chelsea.
- Business Technology: Vanessa Zavaleta Anthonys, a sophomore of Saugus, and Ashley Kennedy, a junior from Saugus.
- Carpentry: Emmanuel Gil Zapata, a junior from East Boston, and Benjamin Garofano, a sophomore from Melrose.
- Cosmetology: Angie Ochoa-Duarte, a sophomore from Chelsea, and Jillian Kwiatek, a junior from Stoneham.
- Culinary: Jazzlyn Alarcon, a sophomore from Chelsea, and Stephen Topian, a junior from Malden.
- Dental: Carolyn Jones, a sophomore from Woburn, and Serena Richard, a junior from Woburn.
- Design and Visual Communications: Giulia Bernardo, a sophomore from Revere, and Layne Bushfan, a junior, from Revere.
- Drafting and Design: Paul Mundis, a sophomore from Revere, and Victoria Vieira, a junior from Revere.
- Early Childhood Education: Nicole Shields, a junior from Saugus, and Kailyn Lawless, a sophomore from Wakefield.
- Electrical: Nicholas Levesque, a junior from Melrose, and Brandi Neli, a sophomore from Revere.
- English: Shaylenis Gonzalez, a freshman from Saugus, Fiona McMenimen, a sophomore from Saugus, and Victoria Farna, a junior from Malden.
- Health Assisting: Stephanie Montano Zavala, a sophomore from Revere, and Heysel Benavides, a junior from Revere.
- HVAC: Robert Iriwin Yapor, a junior from Woburn, and Thomas Fung, a sophomore from Stoneham.
- Math:Teagan Gallagher, a freshman from North Reading, Thomas Fung, a sophomore from Stoneham, and Dakota Doyle, a junior from Wakefield.
- Metal Fabrication: Courtney Sinclair, a junior from Stoneham, and Trevor Newcomb, a sophomore from Woburn.
- Plumbing: Thomas Robinson, a sophomore from Saugus, and Ashley Maldonado, a junior from Saugus.
- Robotics: Dylan Cadigan, a junior from Revere, and Dylan Galex, a sophomore from Woburn.
- Science: Aimee Gomez Urrea, a freshman from Revere, Katelyn O’Donnell, a sophomore from Saugus, and Layne Bushfan, a junior from Revere.
- Social Studies: Chrstian Figueroa, a freshman from Melrose, Giulia Bernardo, a sophomore from Revere, and Victoria Vieira, a junior from Revere.
“Congratulations to this year’s award recipients,” said Superintendent DiBarri. “You’ve done incredible work, even with the transition to remote learning due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and we can’t wait to see what you will continue to accomplish.”