BROOKLINE — The Town of Brookline announces the upcoming annual town election on Tuesday, June 9, will be a “no-touch” election, with extra social distancing measures in place for the safety of all in attendance.
“We had a tremendous response to mail in ballots with over 5,000 requested,” said Assistant Town Clerk Linda Golburgh. “For those that wish to vote in-person, all poll workers will be following proper safety measures and health guidelines to ensure the health and safety of every voter, and we ask that voters do the same.”
As part of the process, all voters will be given gloves and a pen to mark their votes upon their arrival. Booths used by voters will be frequently sanitized throughout the day, and election workers will be sitting behind plexiglass shields.
Voters are required to wear masks or face coverings while inside their voting location, unless they have a medical condition that precludes them from doing so.
Each precinct will be supplied with 72 pens. Pens must be returned once ballots are submitted. When half of the pens are used, the election workers will properly sanitize them before they are used again.
Voting will run from noon to 8 p.m. Polling locations are as follows:
- Precinct 1 – BU-Wheelock College, 43 Hawes St.
- Precinct 2 – Coolidge Corner Library, Community Room, 31 Pleasant St.
- Precinct 3 – Coolidge Corner School, Gymnasium (Stedman St. Entrance)
- Precinct 4 – Town Hall, Room 103, 333 Washington St.
- Precinct 5 – Lincoln School, 19 Kennard Road
- Precinct 6 – Brookline High School, Schluntz Gymnasium, 115 Greenough St.
- Precinct 7 – Brookline High School, Schluntz Gymnasium, 115 Greenough St.
- Precinct 8 – Coolidge Corner School, Gymnasium, (Stedman St. Entrance)
- Precinct 9 – Senior Center, 93 Winchester St.
- Precinct 10 – Brookline High School, Schluntz Gymnasium, 115 Greenough St.
- Precinct 11 – Driscoll School, New Gymnasium, (Washington St. Entrance)
- Precinct 12 – Runkle School Gymnasium, 50 Druce St. (Front Entrance)
- Precinct 13 – Runkle School Gymnasium, 50 Druce St. (Front Entrance)
- Precinct 14 – Heath School Gymnasium, 100 Eliot St.
- Precinct 15 – Baker School Lower level Cafeteria, 205 Beverly Road
- Precinct 16 – Putterham Library, 959 West Roxbury Parkway
Voters in precincts 3,7,10 and 15 should note that their voting locations have changed.
The deadline to request a ballot by mail is Monday, June 8 at noon.
The Town Clerk’s Office must receive mail-in ballots before 8 p.m. on June 9. Ballots may be dropped off at the drop box located outside the entrance doors of Town Hall, 333 Washington St. or by mail to PO Box 470860, Brookline, MA 02447 before the submission deadline.
Residents with questions about the election may contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 617-730-2010 or [email protected].