BURLINGTON — Library Director Michael Wick announces curbside pickup is now available at the Burlington Public Library.
Starting Tuesday, June 2, pickup will be available Monday through Thursday from 10:15 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Fridays from 10:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Patrons are able to place holds either online or by calling:
- The Children’s Department at 781-270-1692
- The Reference Department at 781-270-1691
Hold requests can be placed Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 9 pm. and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Deliveries between libraries are temporarily suspended, so holds can only be placed on items currently at the Burlington Public Library.
A librarian will call when the items are ready, at which time, the items will be checked out. Text and email notifications are unavailable at this time.
Patrons will have seven days to pick up their items from the Burlington Public Library, 22 Sears St.
When picking up items, residents are asked to do the following:
- Please remember to return your books in the book drop first before pulling to the rear of the building where our curbside pickup will be stationed
- There are two curbside pickup stations; please pull forward to the next available station
- Call the phone number provided at the station and wait for a librarian to retrieve your holds. If you don’t have a phone, please honk and a librarian will come out to get your name to bring you your items.
Please remember this is a contactless pickup service, so do not leave your car until the librarian has returned to the building.
Automatic renewals have been set up for checked out items and there are no late fines for overdue items. Due dates for items checked out prior to the library’s closure on March 17 have been extended until June 15 and will continue to be extended while the safer-at-home advisory is in place.
The interior of the Burlington Public Library remains closed to the public for the immediate future.
While the library is closed, patrons are encouraged to check out Wowbrary or sign up to receive weekly emails to stay up to date on what is being added to the library’s collection. You can also keep up with your favorite authors using Author Alerts.
Residents can call 781-270-1690 with any questions.