RAYNHAM — Chief Bryan LaCivita reports that the Raynham Fire Department extinguished a fire at a restaurant early Thursday morning.
At approximately 12:30 a.m., Raynham Fire received a fire alarm activation at 2 Jerks BBQ, 701 Broadway.
While firefighters were responding to the scene, they received a 911 call reporting smoke coming from the building.
Upon arrival, firefighters entered the building and began an aggressive attack on a fire in the kitchen. The fire was quickly extinguished and the scene was cleared around 2:30 a.m.
The initial investigation indicates that the fire started in the kitchen when excess grease from a meat smoker caught fire.
The restaurant was closed and no one was inside when the fire began. No injuries were reported in the incident.
Members of the Taunton Fire Department provided mutual aid at the scene and the Bridgewater Fire Department provided station coverage. The Raynham Police Department assisted with traffic while the scene was still active.