BRIDGEWATER — Town Manager Michael Dutton would like to inform Bridgewater residents of a way they can help their town while winning some great prizes at the same time.
Are you a Bridgewater resident and want to help your local firefighters, police officers, Senior Center staff and DPW, Water and Sewer and Roadways staff respond to the needs of the community? Are you sitting at home with nothing to do?
Did you know that $1.5 trillion was distributed to state and local governments in 2018 based on census data? Bridgewater’s share depends on you filling out the form. So fill out your census questionnaire today!
Wednesday, April 1, was National Census day. By now, all households in Bridgewater should have already received a census form in the mail inviting residents to participate in the 2020 Census. To participate, either follow the instructions on the form to complete the census online, or mail the completed form back in the envelope provided.
We want to hear from you! Let us know that you have completed the 2020 Census by liking our Facebook page and sending us a short message. If you tell us you have completed the census, we will put your name in a drawing to win a $100 gift card and gift certificates to several Bridgewater restaurants, which Town staff have purchased to help our local businesses stay afloat during the stay-at-home order.
Fill out the form today, and let’s all look forward to greater days ahead!
Here is some additional information about the 2020 Census:
- The Census counts every living person in the United States once.
- Every ten years, the results are used to reapportion the seats in the House of Representatives.
- The data provided by the census determines the allocation of about $675 billion in federal funds, grants and support for schools, hospitals, roads, public works and other vital programs.
- It’s against the law for the Census Bureau to publicly release your responses; your responses will only be used to create statistics.
- After each decade’s census, state officials redraw congressional and state legislative district boundaries.
- Completing the census exercises your right to participate in our democracy and make your voice count!
For further information regarding the 2020 Census and how to get involved visit 2020census.gov.