BURLINGTON — Library Director Michael Wick is pleased to invite members of the community to the Burlington Public Library this weekend for Passport Day.
On Saturday, March 14, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. residents will have an opportunity to complete and submit their passport applications directly to State Department officials, as well as have their photos taken and questions answered about the application and renewal process.
While walk-ins are welcome, those planning to attend are encouraged to register in advance by emailing their name and phone number to [email protected]. Attendees should note that the event is only for processing applications, and that their passports will be mailed at a later date.
Below is a list of documents and items that should be brought to the event in order to complete the application process.
- DS-11 (U.S. Passport Application): This form should be completed by first-time passport applicants, as well as those who have lost their existing passport, were under the age of 16 when their previous passport was issued or if their most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago.
- DS-82 (U.S. Passport Renewal Application): This form should be completed if your passport is in your possession and was issued less than 15 years ago. If your name has changed, please bring a certified name change document.
- Citizenship evidence, including a certified birth certificate, naturalization certificate or previous passport
- Photocopy of citizenship evidence
- Identification: Driver’s license or state ID (if your ID is from out of state, please bring a second form of ID such as a work ID, student ID or insurance card)
- Photocopy of front and back of IDs
- Passport photo: One 2×2 color photo with a white background and no glasses being worn. Photo services will be available at the event for $15.
Fees vary based on the type of passport that applicants are seeking, but range from $30 for an adult passport card to $110 for a passport book. Minor passport books cost $80, and minor passport cards cost $15. For a full listing of fees, click here.