ACTON — Chief Robert Hart reports that the Acton Fire Department extinguished a grease fire at a grocery store in town this afternoon.
At approximately 1:30 p.m., the Acton Fire Department responded to Idlywilde Farms, 366 Central St. for a report of a grease fire in the kitchen area. Firefighters arrived and were able to extinguish the fire using a handheld fire extinguisher. The fire was declared out by 1:42 p.m. and the responding crew left shortly after that.
No injuries were reported.
Patrons vacated the store after the smoke set off the fire alarms, but were allowed back in approximately 30 minutes later.
The fire was contained to a stove top and oven in the kitchen. The kitchen and deli area of the store will remain closed while the area is cleaned up.