Edward Warren, Chief
5 Main Street
East Kingston, NH 03827
For Immediate Release
Monday, Dec. 16, 2019
Contact: Kelsey Bode
Email: [email protected]
East Kingston Fire Department Extinguishes House Fire, Works to Collect Donations for Impacted Family
EAST KINGSTON, N.H. — Chief Ed Warren reports that the East Kingston Fire Department responded to a one-alarm house fire on Sunday, and is now accepting donations to replace Christmas gifts and other belongings destroyed in the blaze.
At 5:13 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 15, firefighters responded to a report of a house fire at 2 Carob Lane. Upon arrival, firefighters found that a fire had broken out in the basement of the home.
A father, mother and daughter living in the home were able to evacuate without injury prior to first responders’ arrival. The family’s pet cat was taken to an emergency veterinarian in Brentwood, and is now in stable condition.
One East Kingston firefighter was transported by ambulance to an area hospital for smoke inhalation after battling the fire. Firefighters extinguished the fire and cleared the scene by 9 p.m.
Through an investigation, members of the East Kingston Fire Department later determined that the fire was caused by a dryer machine.
Mutual aid also responded to the scene from the Kingston, Newton, Exeter, South Hampton, Kensington and Lee Fire Departments, and mutual aid was provided at the East Kingston Fire Station by members of the Brentwood and Epping Fire Departments.
The home sustained moderate damage in the fire and is uninhabitable. All of the family’s Christmas presents, as well as other belongings were destroyed. To help offset the impact of the fire, the East Kingston Fire Department is accepting clothing donations for the family at the department’s headquarters at 5 Main St. The father is a size extra large, the mother is a size medium and the daughter is a size 6/7.
“I commend each member of our department and all of our mutual aid partners who responded to this call and worked tirelessly to extinguish this fire,” Chief Warren said. “Unfortunately, the family living at this residence has suffered a significant loss due to the damage to their home. We are accepting donations at the Fire Station to help them through this difficult time.”