James Vuona, Fire Chief
11 Church Road
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
For Immediate Release
Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2019
Media Contact: Benjamin Paulin
Email: [email protected]
Shrewsbury Fire Department Extinguishes Grease Fire at Restaurant
SHREWSBURY — Chief James Vuona reports that the Shrewsbury Fire Department extinguished a grease fire at a local restaurant Monday night, Sept. 9.
At approximately 6:50 p.m., Shrewsbury firefighters responded to Bollywood Grill, 97 Boston Turnpike, for a report of a fire in the building. The restaurant was open for business at the time and needed to be evacuated. No injuries were reported.
Upon arrival, firefighters located a grease fire in the kitchen hood system. The fire was contained to the duct work and was quickly extinguished.
The restaurant will be closed until cleaning and repairs are made. The other businesses in the shopping plaza were not impacted and are open for business.
Over 20 Shrewsbury firefighters responded to the scene, some of which were called in from being off duty.
The Shrewsbury Board of Health was also called to the scene to inspect the kitchen and supplies at the restaurant.