Director of Emergency Services Mark Schmink
Rockport, MA 01966
For Immediate Release
Monday, Sept. 9, 2019
Contact: John Guilfoil
Email: [email protected]
Town of Rockport to Hold 9/11 Ceremony
ROCKPORT — Emergency Management Director Mark Schmink reports that Town of Rockport will hold a 9/11 ceremony this week and invites community members to attend.
Wednesday, Sept. 11 at 6:30 p.m.
Central Fire Station, 37 Broadway
Under the leadership and guidance of Schmink, who is also the Assistant Chief of the Rockport Police Department, and Fire Chief James Doyle, the town will hold a 9/11 ceremony to honor the lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001.
“The Rockport Fire Department has a long history and tradition of honoring fallen firefighters and gathering to support its membership and families of those in the service who were injured or lost,” Schmink said.
The schedule of events is as follows:
- Opening remarks: Fire Chief James Doyle
- Introduction of dignitaries: Town Administrator Mitchell Vieira
- Invocation by clergy: Rev. Matthew Wigton
- Moment of silence: Assistant Chief Kirk Keating
- National Anthem: Cheryl Keating
- Remarks by Board of Selectmen: Paul Murphy
- Fire prayer: Lead by the Rockport Fire Department
- Police prayer: Lead by the Rockport Police Department
- EMS prayer: Lead by Rockport ambulance personnel
- Closing remarks: Assistant Fire Chief Stephen Abell Jr.
- Benediction by clergy: Pastor Derek Van Gulden
- Striking of the Four Fives: Fireman’s Association
- Taps: Firefighter Eric Beaulieu
“The fire service and its membership continue to show support for the community and each other,” Chief Doyle said. “This is just another example of how we honor the lives and memories of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice in service to others.”